BOE Member - Joel Manzanares

Joel Manzanares
Position: At Large
Term: July 2007 - December 2019
“I grew up in Topeka and graduated from Topeka High School in 1981. I have attended KU, Washburn and while in the Navy I took criminal justice courses from Central Texas College. Upon my discharge from the Navy, I worked at the Shawnee County Jail for 16 years. I am currently a probation officer for Shawnee County Community Corrections. I have enjoyed this job for the past 14 years. I have a daughter, Mackenzie, who graduated from Shawnee Heights in 2018 and another daughter, Abbey, who is currently a sophomore.

We chose to send our daughters to Shawnee Heights because of the atmosphere the district displays. We are impressed with the diversity of students and adults who we looked up to in this community that graduated from Shawnee Heights.


-->
Since day one I have been very active in my children's school. I started out helping with the school carnival and then went on to become a member of the SHES carnival committee. While on the committee I served on the SHES site council which in turn lead me to a term of DAC. While getting involved with the grade schools boundary changes, I met and spoke with many of our excellent board members. I enjoyed my interaction with them and felt I could be a good addition to the board. I have enjoyed my years on the board and I look forward to continuing to serve the district.”

Comments

Popular Posts