BOE Member - Rosa Cavazos

Rosa Cavazos
BOE Member
Position: 4A
Term: January 2018 - December 2022
“I grew up in Topeka and attended Our Lady of Guadalupe Elementary School and then Topeka High. I then pursued two degrees at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs where I majored in Sociology and Communications with an emphasis in media management. After the birth of my oldest son, Sage, we moved to Santa Maria, California where I was a stay at home mom for a number of years after having my other three children, Luke, Hope, and Faith. In 2005, after a lot of research, we moved to the Shawnee Heights district when I determined this was the best district for my family. I have not been disappointed. I have been involved in the district since moving back home. I have served as Secretary, PTO President twice, PTO VP twice, Carnival Chair for 10 years and Site Council at SHES. I have served on Site Council at SHMS and High School for 9 years, and I helped start the SHHS Boy's Swim Team and the SHMS Dance Team. I also served on the board for the SHHS Boy's Soccer Team. I love being a part of the Shawnee Heights family.

I serve on the Shawnee Heights Public Schools Board of Education because I have always wanted to give back to the district in a greater capacity. I have always wanted to make a difference, to learn and listen to patrons in our district, and to provide excellent educational opportunities for our students and continued support for the best teachers in our state.”

-->

Comments

Popular Posts