BOE Member - Lauren Tice Miller

Laren Tice Miller
BOE Member
Position: 1A
Term: July 2015 - December 2019
“I am a graduate of Shawnee Heights and was raised in a family where education was not only a passion; it was a priority. I have always believed that there is no such thing as too good or too much when it comes to education. This remains true today.

The quality of education I received from Shawnee Heights prepared me for success at Kansas State University where I earned a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in Communication Studies and a Certificate in Technical Writing. I’ve also recently become a Certified Digital Marketing Leader from the Digital Marketing Institute, an internationally recognized program.

I’m currently the Communications Director for Senate Democratic Leader Anthony Hensley. In all, I have more than 10 years of experience in the communication field, including teaching public speaking and English Composition at the collegiate level, serving as the Assistant Basic Course Director for public speaking, working in communication, marketing, and event planning roles for non-profit associations, and owning my own business.

I was elected in April 2015 as the 7th woman in the history of the district to serve on the school board. In addition to serving on the Shawnee Heights School Board, I serve on the advisory board for the graphics technology program at Washburn Technical Institute and the Board of Directors for Community Action, Inc.

My husband, Matt and I, have three children - James (6th grade), Arianna (3 years old), and Adeline (infant).

I moved back to the school district after college, knowing it was where I wanted to raise my family. After getting involved in Cub Scouts, PTO, and my son's classroom, I decided I wanted to do more for the district.


-->
It is an honor to serve as a school board member. I work to ensure Shawnee Heights provides – as it has done for years – the quality of education that is essential to creating well-rounded students who are prepared for a world of opportunities. This includes working to recruit and retain quality teachers, increasing communications between the district and patrons, and increasing academic rigor for students while also practicing fiscal responsibility.”

Comments

Popular Posts