BOE Member - Erica Price

Erica Price
BOE Member
Position: 5B
Term: January 2018 - December 2022
"I am from Louisburg, Kansas and I am one of five siblings. I graduated from Louisburg High School in 1996 then to Johnson County Community College where I graduated with two associates degrees, one as a sign language interpreter. Although I've held a job since I was 14, I began my adult life working at Elmont Elementary school in the Seamen School District as a sign language interpreter in 2001. I continued working for Seaman until our son came along in 2005. His arrival compelled me to be a stay-at-home mom. It turns out mom's don't get to stay home. While I’ve ‘stayed home’ I’ve served on the Heights of Learning Board, the Tecumseh North PTO, Tecumseh North Site Council, District Advisory Council, Shawnee Heights Public Schools Foundation, and now the Shawnee Heights School Board.


--> For years, I thought it was my husband's calling to run for school board, but I realized it was actually mine. Education is always evolving, and I am proud to be a part of the collaborative effort to keep Shawnee Heights moving in the right direction. Our district strives to make every student successful in their own way, and it's important to me to keep that momentum. It's an honor to serve for the teachers, students, and the patrons of Shawnee Heights."

Comments

Popular Posts